Travelers to Foley give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its festivals and live music.
- You'll find 4037 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gulf Shores
- The closest major airport is in Pensacola, FL (PNS-Pensacola Intl.), 29.6 mi (47.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mobile, AL (MOB-Mobile Regional), 38.4 mi (61.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Foley
The city is well known for its festivals and live music, and cultural venues include Holmes Medical Museum, Foley Railroad Museum, and Pate's Country Music Hall. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Tanger Outlet Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Foley Sportsplex and The Park at OWA.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Foley. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Hotel Magnolia - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hampton Inn Foley - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Foley - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Fort Barrancas, located 21.2 mi (34.2 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Foley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 41°F at night
- About 2.17 inches of rain falls on Foley each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 42°F