Visitors can enjoy all that Glenside has to offer including the restaurants and shopping. Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Philadelphia Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 427 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Philadelphia
- The closest major airport is in Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field), 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Philadelphia, PA (PNE-Northeast Philadelphia), 7.8 mi (12.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glenside
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Philadelphia Zoo. In the area, you'll also find Philadelphia Museum of Art and Ben Franklin National Memorial.
As you plan your vacation to Glenside, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 103 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square is 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from central Glenside. This 4-star hotel in Philadelphia features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
- Philadelphia 201 Hotel is 10.1 mi (16.2 km) from the center of Glenside. This 3.5-star hotel in Philadelphia features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square is located 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the heart of Glenside. This 4-star hotel in Philadelphia features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Reading Terminal Market, 10.4 mi/16.7 km from the heart of the city, and Citizens Bank Park, which is 13.6 mi (22 km) away.
Getting Around Glenside
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Philadelphia Glenside Station or Glenside Ardsley Station. Glenside might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Glenside
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Glenside is 1.42 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F