Grand Rapids Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 5 affordable motels in Grand Rapids among more than 127 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Grand Rapids has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Grand Rapids Art Museum, Van Andel Arena, and Public Museum of Grand Rapids.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. after World War II with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' best-rated Grand Rapids motels available to book:
Red Roof Inn Grand Rapids Airport
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park and Calvin College.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour business center, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Motel 6 Grand Rapids - Airport
- Free parking, a 24-hour fitness center, and a business center are available during your stay.
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park and Calvin College.
Knights Inn Grand Rapids
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool and free parking, as well as room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
- Stay within a quick 3-minute drive of Calvin College.
Swan Inn Motel
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Gerald R. Ford Museum and Public Museum of Grand Rapids.
- A restaurant and an outdoor pool are available during your stay, along with room amenities like free WiFi.
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Walker/Grand Rapids North
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Gerald R. Ford Museum and Public Museum of Grand Rapids.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Grand Rapids
While you're sightseeing, check out the acclaimed theater scene or simply enjoy the lively breweries. Those visiting Grand Rapids like its live music and gardens.
Here are some popular places:
- Grand Rapids Art Museum
- Van Andel Arena
- Public Museum of Grand Rapids
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park
- Fish Ladder Park
- Huff Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- John Ball Zoo
- Patterson Ice Center
- Pando Park
Grand Rapids is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Grand Rapids
Decide when you'd like to visit Grand Rapids by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 51° F and nighttime temperatures average 18° F
- April-June: 83° F is the daytime average and 32° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 47° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 66° F during the day and 20° F at night
- Average rainfall is 38.27 inches in a year
How to Get to Grand Rapids and Around the Area
Grand Rapids Transportation
|Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.) ||Airport ||9.1 mi (14.7 km) |
|Muskegon, MI (MKG-Muskegon County) ||Airport ||31.7 mi (51 km) |
|Grand Rapids Station ||Train Station ||0.7 mi (1.2 km) |