Families will find kid-friendly activities in Holyoke, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its university setting, shopping, and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Springfield Armory, Volleyball Hall of Fame, and Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
- You'll find 76 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Springfield
- The closest major airport is in Westfield, MA (BAF-Barnes Municipal), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 19.6 mi (31.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Holyoke
Cultural venues in the city include Volleyball Hall of Fame, Wistariahurst Museum, and Holyoke Heritage State Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Holyoke Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Canal Gallery to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Holyoke. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Holyoke-Springfield/North - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Holyoke - Our customers like the room size and overall condition at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- D. Hotel Suites & Spa - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Springfield Armory, 7.9 mi/12.6 km from the city center, and Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, which is 8.6 mi (13.9 km) away.
Getting Around Holyoke
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Holyoke Station. Holyoke might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Holyoke
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 21°F at night
- About 44.68 inches of rain falls on Holyoke each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 21°F