Visiting West Springfield
Families will find kid-friendly activities in West Springfield, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, theme park, and top-notch restaurants. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its festivals. Around the area, top sights include Springfield Armory, Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, and Volleyball Hall of Fame.
- You'll find 77 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Springfield
- The closest major airport is in Westfield, MA (BAF-Barnes Municipal), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 12.5 mi (20.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Springfield
A couple of favorite places to visit are Josiah Day House and Eastern States Exposition. In the area, you'll also find Springfield Armory and Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in West Springfield. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn West Springfield - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Candlewood Suites West Springfield - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Residence Inn by Marriott West Springfield - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Volleyball Hall of Fame, located 7 mi (11.3 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for West Springfield
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 12°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- About 48.43 inches of rain falls on West Springfield each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F