Visitors can enjoy all that Riverside has to offer including the restaurants, casinos, and shopping. There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Cedar Rapids, IA (CID-Eastern Iowa), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Riverside
Places to visit in the larger region include Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City Public Library, and Old Capitol Museum. Additionally, you'll find Iowa Old Capitol Building and University of Iowa in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Riverside, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can choose from 43 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Graduate Iowa City is 11.8 mi (18.9 km) from the center of Riverside. This 3.5-star hotel in Iowa City features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Baymont by Wyndham Iowa City / Coralville is 13 mi (20.9 km) from central Riverside. This 2.5-star hotel in Coralville features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Hyatt Place Iowa City Downtown is located 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the heart of Riverside. This 3-star hotel in Iowa City features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center.
Dressing for Riverside
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- Riverside gets about 37.64 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F