Visitors can enjoy all that Kalona has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its quaint and welcoming setting.
- You'll find 107 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cedar Rapids - Iowa City
- The closest major airport is in Cedar Rapids, IA (CID-Eastern Iowa), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kalona
Places to visit in the larger region include Central Park, Conger House Museum, and Sunset Park. In the area, you'll also find Kinnick Stadium and Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
As you start planning for your getaway to Kalona, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 40 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Graduate Iowa City is 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from central Kalona. This 3.5-star hotel in Iowa City features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Baymont by Wyndham Iowa City / Coralville is 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the center of Kalona. This 2.5-star hotel in Coralville features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Hyatt Place Iowa City Downtown is located 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the heart of Kalona. This 3-star hotel in Iowa City features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center.
Dressing for Kalona
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 11°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 12°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Kalona is 36.42 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°F