Visitors can enjoy all that Ixtapaluca has to offer including the restaurants and parks. There are 231 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Mexico City, Distrito Federal (MEX-Mexico City Intl.), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Puebla, Puebla (PBC-Hermanos Serdan Intl.), 29 mi (46.7 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ixtapaluca
A favorite place to visit in the city is Iztaccihuatl Popocatepetl National Park. Additionally, you'll find Chapingo Autonomous University and Molino de Flores Nezahualcoyotl National Park in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Ixtapaluca, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can choose from 231 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Hotel Aqueronte is 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the center of Ixtapaluca. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Ixtapaluca can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Camino Real Aeropuerto Mexico is located 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from the heart of Ixtapaluca. This 3.5-star hotel in Mexico City features 3 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms.
- Camino Real Polanco Mexico is 26.8 mi (43.1 km) from central Ixtapaluca. This 4-star hotel in Anzures features 7 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
Top places to see around the area include Palacio Nacional, 23.8 mi/38.3 km from the city center, and Plaza de la Constitucion, which is 23.9 mi (38.5 km) away.
Dressing for Ixtapaluca
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- Average annual rainfall for Ixtapaluca is 28.78 inches
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 43°F