Visitors can enjoy all that Jefferson has to offer including its museums. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 77 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Athens
- The closest major airport is in Athens, GA (AHN-Ben Epps), 18.3 mi (29.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Jefferson
Favorite places to visit in the city include Crawford W. Long Museum, Jefferson Memorial Stadium, and Jackson County Courthouse. Additionally, you might want to add Gresham Motorsports Park to your agenda.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Quality Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Jefferson
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Jefferson gets about 50.47 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 31°F