Visiting Kenai Peninsula
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Kenai Peninsula, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its glaciers and local tours. A top sight in the city is Kenai Fjords National Park.
- There are 507 hotels and other accommodations in Kenai Peninsula
- The closest major airport is in Kenai, AK (ENA-Kenai Municipal), 49.6 mi (79.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Homer, AK (HOM), 55.9 mi (89.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kenai Peninsula
Cultural venues in the city include Alaska SeaLife Center, Alaska Islands and Ocean Visitor Center, and Seward Museum. Attractions like Jumping Junction and North Peninsula Recreation Area are fun for everyone, not just kids. The glaciers, seaside, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Kenai Fjords National Park, Holgate Glacier, and Exit Glacier are worth a visit.
In Kenai Peninsula, you'll find 507 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bell in the Woods Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Bear Paw Adventure - With a stay at this 3.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Good Karma Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Kenai Peninsula
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 40°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 60°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 50°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- About 24.34 inches of rain falls on Kenai Peninsula each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 61°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F