Visiting Oakland Park
Visitors to Oakland Park are sure to enjoy the restaurants, shopping, and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, theaters, and live music. Around the area, top sights include Aventura Mall, Fort Lauderdale Stadium, and Hugh Taylor Birch State Park.
- You'll find 1732 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Lauderdale
- The closest major airport is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FXE-Fort Lauderdale Executive), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL-Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood Intl.), 7.6 mi (12.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oakland Park
A favorite place to visit in the city is Funky Buddha Brewery. Additionally, in the area you'll find Aventura Mall and Fort Lauderdale Stadium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Oakland Park. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale-Cypress Creek - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable beds.
- Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Blue Ocean Guesthouse - With a stay at this 2-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, 3.5 mi/5.6 km from the heart of the city, and Bonnet House Museum and Gardens, which is 3.6 mi (5.8 km) away.
Dressing for Oakland Park
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 58°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 59°F as the nighttime average
- About 58.54 inches of rain falls on Oakland Park each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 59°F