Visitors can enjoy all that Lewistown has to offer including the riverfront, monuments, and mountain views. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its rich culture.
- You'll find 62 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of State College
- The closest major airport is in State College, PA (SCE-University Park), 22.8 mi (36.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Altoona, PA (AOO-Blair County), 43.9 mi (70.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lewistown
Places to visit in the larger region include Juniata County Courthouse, Messiah Lutheran Church, and Greenwood Furnace State Park. You'll also find Myers Park and Seven Mountains Wine Cellars in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Lewistown, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can choose from 48 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham State College is 19 mi (30.5 km) from the center of Lewistown. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in State College can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Penn State is 20.1 mi (32.3 km) from central Lewistown. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in State College can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, State College (Penn State Area), PA is located 20 mi (32.1 km) from the heart of Lewistown. This 3-star hotel in State College features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and pool.
Getting Around Lewistown
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Lewistown Junction Station. Lewistown might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lewistown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Lewistown is 41.38 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F