Get an overview of this hotelPrivate oceanfront escape in the Los Angeles area
On a private peninsula overlooking the Pacific Ocean and colorful marina, this stylish Los Angeles-area hotel is 3 blocks from the Redondo Beach Pier with restaurants, shops, and nightlife options.
Stunning ocean vistas
Exquisite views of the ocean, pelicans, dolphins, and sea lions are framed in the 3-story atrium living room lounge. Overlooking the marina is Baleen, the hotel's signature seafood restaurant.
Cheerful guestrooms have private, furnished patios and some have partial ocean views and 47-inch LCD TVs. All have wireless Internet access (surcharge), minibars, pay movies, and video games.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Portofino Hotel & Marina - A Noble House Hotel
Renovations & Closures
- Dining venue
- One of the dining venues
Perched on a private peninsula overlooking the Pacific Ocean and a colorful marina, this stylish Southern California hotel is 2 blocks from the beach and 3 blocks from the Redondo Beach Pier. Los Angeles International Airport is 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) away.
Overlooking the marina is Baleen, the hotel's signature fine-dining restaurant with whimsical decor, creative seafood cuisine, and an upstairs fireside cocktail lounge. Open in time for sunset cocktails is The Living Room Bar, in a 3-story ocean-view atrium. Also facing the ocean are a year-round outdoor pool and a spa tub.
Guests have 24-hour access to a complimentary business and fitness center, as well as access to meeting rooms. Also complimentary are beach bicycles and WiFi in the lobby.
Smoking is not permitted.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 3
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Computer station
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Marina on site
- Meeting rooms 5
- Total number of rooms - 161
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Pool sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 25000
- Conference space size (meters) - 2323
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa tub
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 10.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Furnished balcony or patio
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Free local calls
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Rainfall showerhead
- Cable TV service
- In-room safe
- DVD player
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- WiFi (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- In-room climate control (heating)
Where to Eat
Baleen Restaurant - Culinary art and theater with front row seats to the Pacific; that's the BALEEN kitchen experience. Relax at the BALEEN Lounge, which features small-plate fare with bold flavors and Latin spice, accompanied by a serious mixology program of classic reinvented cocktails.
The Living Room Bar - Ocean-view lounge in 3-story atrium with fireplace and floor-to-ceiling windows. Open from late afternoon to mid-evening, Mondays–Saturdays.
Room service - Available from 6:30 AM until 10:00 PM.
Nearby Things to Do
In addition to a year-round outdoor oceanfront and spa tub, the hotel provides a 24-hour fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights. Use of beach bicycles (subject to availability) is also complimentary. From the pool deck, atrium lounge, or marina, guests can view dolphins, pelicans, and a colony of sea lions. In season, whale watching is also possible.
Within 3 blocks of the Portofino Hotel & Marina - A Noble House Hotel, the beach and Redondo Beach Pier offer all the recreational opportunities associated with Southern California's surf, sand, and seaside living. Among the area's many golf courses open to the public is semi-private Palos Verdes Golf Club, 5.5 miles away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel in the Los Angeles area; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Boat tours nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service animals are allowed
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Resort fee: USD 10.95 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 10.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 27 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 27 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: USD 75.00
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.00 per night
- Facilities fee: USD 10.95 per accommodation, per night and includes use of:
- Portofino Hotel & Marina
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.