Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wallingford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its live music, entertainment choices, and university setting. Around the area, top sights include East Rock Park, Yale Bowl, and Lake Compounce.
- You'll find 122 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 17.4 mi (28 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wallingford
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Paul Mellon Arts Center and Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Choate Rosemary Hall is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wallingford Public Library and Paradise Hills Vineyard.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Wallingford. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Wallingford Victorian Inn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford/Meriden - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Wallingford-Meriden - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to see include East Rock Park, located 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city center, and Yale Bowl, which is 13 mi/20.9 km away.
Getting Around Wallingford
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Wallingford Station. Wallingford might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Wallingford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 19°F at night
- About 47.83 inches of rain falls on Wallingford each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F