Families will find kid-friendly activities in Waynesville, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, pristine golf courses, and top-notch restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its spas.
- You'll find 585 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cherokee
- The closest major airport is in Asheville, NC (AVL-Asheville Regional), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Waynesville
Favorite family attractions include Waynesville Recreation Center and Queen's Farm Stables. Top activities include golfing and hiking, while Lake Junaluska Golf Course is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Smoky Mountain Jumphouse and Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
In Waynesville, there are 92 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Yellow House on Plott Creek Road - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Oak Hill on Love Lane - Our customers like the breakfast at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Brookside Mountain Mist Inn - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Waynesville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- Waynesville gets about 45.59 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 28°F