Travelers to Maiori give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and culturally-rich, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and local tours. Villa Romana, Villa Rufolo, and Cathedral of Amalfi are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 66 hotels and other accommodations in Maiori
- The closest major airport is in Salerno (QSR-Costa d'Amalfi), 14.4 mi (23.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.), 24.6 mi (39.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Maiori
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Maiori Beach and Erchie Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Palazzo di Messacapo and Church of S. Francesco.
In Maiori, there are 66 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- B&B Palazzo Montesanto - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
- Tenuta Solomita - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this guesthouse. Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Casa Vacanze Bouganvillea - Amenities at this apartment include a terrace and an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers love its beach locale and convenient parking.
Popular places to see around the area include Villa Romana, 0.9 mi/1.4 km from the city center, and Villa Rufolo, which is 1.6 mi (2.5 km) away.
Dressing for Maiori
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 43°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Maiori is 34.57 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F