Visiting Mata de Platano
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Mata de Platano, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and tucked away setting.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Mata de Platano
- The closest major airport is in Santa Marta (SMR-Simon Bolivar), 26.6 mi (42.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mata de Platano
Places to visit in the larger region include Mareygua Beach, Quebrada Valencia Waterfall, and Koralia Beach. In the area, you'll also find Pueblito and Buritaca Beach.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
Dressing for Mata de Platano
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 74°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 77°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 74°F
- Mata de Platano gets about 2.40 inches of rain per year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 74°F