Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Ellenwood has to offer. Zoo Atlanta, Centennial Olympic Park, and Stone Mountain are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Ellenwood
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 16.8 mi (27.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ellenwood
Zoo Atlanta, Centennial Olympic Park, and Stone Mountain are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Jimmy Carter Library and Museum and Philips Arena.
As you plan your vacation to Ellenwood, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 149 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Estate - is located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the heart of Ellenwood. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Atlanta can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and room size.
- The Enchanted Retreat Luxury Home With Suite's and Jacuzzi is 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from central Ellenwood. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Atlanta can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- The Enchanted Retreat Luxury Home With Suite's is 2 mi (3.3 km) from the center of Ellenwood. This 4-star hotel in Atlanta features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include World of Coca Cola, located 11.2 mi (18.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Georgia Aquarium, which is 11.3 mi (18.2 km) away.
Dressing for Ellenwood
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Ellenwood gets about 49.72 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 36°F