Visiting Winter Garden
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Winter Garden, and visitors give high marks for the theme park, shopping, and water parks. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its restaurants and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Walt Disney World®, Universal Studios Florida™, and SeaWorld® Orlando.
- You'll find 8989 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Orlando
- The closest major airport is in Kissimmee, FL (ISM-Kissimmee Gateway), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 19.6 mi (31.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Winter Garden
Families come for the theme park and water parks, specifically attractions such as Walt Disney World® area and Walt Disney World® Resort. Golfing is one of the top activities, while Orange County National Golf Club, Disney's Magnolia Golf Course, and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lake Butler and Oakland Nature Preserve.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Winter Garden. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Edgewater Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- SpringHill Suites Orlando at Flamingo Crossing/West Entrance - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites Orlando @ Flamingo Crossings West Entrance - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its bar and pool.
Top places to visit outside the city include Walt Disney World®, located 5.1 mi (8.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Universal Studios Florida™, which is 9.2 mi/14.9 km away.
Dressing for Winter Garden
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Winter Garden gets about 52.01 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F