Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Newton, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and breweries.
- You'll find 32 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Marshalltown
- The closest major airport is in Des Moines, IA (DSM-Des Moines Intl.), 32.8 mi (52.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Newton
Favorite places to visit in the city include Westwood Municipal Golf Course, Iowa Speedway, and Valle Drive In. In the area, you'll also find Trainland U.S.A. and Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Newton. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Boulders Inn & Suites Newton - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Newton - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Best Western Holiday Manor - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and quiet rooms.
Dressing for Newton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 11°F at night
- Newton gets about 35.51 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 13°F