Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Colfax, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its secluded setting. Top sights around the area include Adventureland and Iowa State Fairgrounds.
- You'll find 147 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Des Moines
- The closest major airport is in Des Moines, IA (DSM-Des Moines Intl.), 23.9 mi (38.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Colfax
A favorite place to visit in the city is Trainland U.S.A.. Additionally, in the area you'll find Adventureland and Iowa State Fairgrounds.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Colfax/Newton - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Colfax
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- Colfax gets about 35.51 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°F