Visiting Saranac Lake
Travelers to Saranac Lake give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events.
- You'll find 149 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake Placid
- The closest major airport is in Saranac Lake, NY (SLK-Adirondack Regional), 5.1 mi (8.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lake Placid, NY (LKP), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saranac Lake
Cultural venues in the city include Saranac Laboratory Museum, Robert Louis Stevenson Cottage and Museum, and Pendragon Theatre. Notable city landmarks like Saranac Lake Adirondack Scenic Railroad Station and Bartok Cabin might be worth a visit. The city's lakeside and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Lake Flower.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Saranac Lake. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Kiwassa Lake Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Hotel Saranac Curio Collection By Hilton - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Sara Placid Inn & Suites - Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free parking and free WiFi.
Dressing for Saranac Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 43°F and the nighttime average to be 1°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 20°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 4°F at night
- About 37.48 inches of rain falls on Saranac Lake each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°F