Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Oud-West, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Around the area, top sights include Nes, Leidseplein, and Stedelijk Museum.
- There are 57 hotels and other accommodations in Oud-West
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Oud-West
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Ten Kate Markt and Foodhallen. Additionally, you might want to add Vondelpark to your agenda.
In Oud-West, there are 57 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Apartments De Hallen - This 2-star apartment in Amsterdam West features free WiFi and parking. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and WiFi.
- Hotel De Hallen - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Amsterdam West features a restaurant, free WiFi, and 2 bars.
- Conscious Hotel The Tire Station - This 3-star hotel in Amsterdam West features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its WiFi and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Nes, 1.2 mi/1.9 km from the heart of the city, and Leidseplein, which is 0.6 mi (1 km) away.
Dressing for Oud-West
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 69°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 34°F at night
- About 76.57 inches of rain falls on Oud-West each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 34°F