Travelers to Panajachel give high marks for the lakeside setting and beautiful gardens. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in Panajachel
- The closest major airport is in Guatemala City (GUA-La Aurora Intl.), 43.1 mi (69.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Panajachel
Cultural venues in the city include La Galeria, Casa Cakchiquel Arts Center, and Azul Maya Archaeological Museum. The city's lakeside, volcanoes, and gardens provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include The Maya Traditions Herbal Medicine Garden. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Panajachel Municipal Market is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Panajachel. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Villas B'alam Ya - This 3.5-star villa features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Hotel El Sol - Our customers like the central location and room size at this hostel. With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Atitlán - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Dressing for Panajachel
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 54°F at night
- Panajachel gets about 51.06 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 54°F