Visiting Pensacola Beach
Travelers to Pensacola Beach give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its live music. Pensacola Naval Air Station, Historic Pensacola Village, and Saenger Theatre are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1682 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Pensacola
- The closest major airport is in Pensacola, FL (PNS-Pensacola Intl.), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 35.8 mi (57.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pensacola Beach
The beaches, sunsets, and sunrises exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Gulf Islands National Seashore and Santa Rosa Island. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Portofino Boardwalk and Pensacola Beach Pier.
In Pensacola Beach, you'll be able to select from 292 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Margaritaville Beach Hotel - Our customers like the bar and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Pensacola Naval Air Station, 10.6 mi/17 km from the city center, and Historic Pensacola Village, which is 6.9 mi (11.1 km) away.
Dressing for Pensacola Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Pensacola Beach gets about 65.35 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 44°F