Philadelphia Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 9 economical motels in Philadelphia among more than 750 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
Because you'll save on your room, you can experience more of the activities in Philadelphia. Not-to-be-missed sights include Reading Terminal Market, Rittenhouse Square, and Ben Franklin National Memorial.
Fun fact: Motels made their debut in the 1920s as a convenient place to stay for the weary traveler taking a road trip along the major roadways of America. Motel properties often have free parking, and many also include an outdoor pool.
Here are some of our customers’ favorite Philadelphia motels to choose from:
Motel 6 Philadelphia - King Of Prussia
- Stay within a quick 1-minute drive of King of Prussia Mall.
- Enjoy access to the seasonal outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Airport Waterfront Inn
- Laundry facilities along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a 20-minute drive of Wells Fargo Center and Citizens Bank Park.
Motel 6 Philadelphia Airport - Essington
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Stay within a short 9-minute drive of Swarthmore College.
Motel 6 Warminster, PA
- It's located within a 30-minute drive of Sesame Place and Parx Casino and Racetrack.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like satellite TV.
- Stay within a short 9-minute drive of King of Prussia Mall.
- Enjoy access to the golf course, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Philadelphia
Check out the college campus and enjoy the fascinating museums in this historical area while you're sightseeing. Those who've visited Philadelphia love its shops, local art scene, and live music.
Here are some popular places:
- Reading Terminal Market
- Rittenhouse Square
- Ben Franklin National Memorial
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Penn's Landing
- Independence National Historical Park
- Fairmount Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Philadelphia Zoo
- Sesame Place
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Best Time to Visit Philadelphia
Figure out the ideal time to visit Philadelphia by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 58° F and nighttime temperatures average 25° F
- April-June: 86° F is the daytime average and 39° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 87° F and nighttime averages are around 54° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 72° F during the day and 27° F at night
- Average rainfall is 41.46 inches in a year
How to Get to Philadelphia and Around the Area
|Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.) ||Airport ||6.5 mi (10.5 km) |
|Philadelphia, PA (PNE-Northeast Philadelphia) ||Airport ||11.8 mi (19 km) |
|Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field) ||Airport ||13.6 mi (22 km) |
|City Hall Station ||Metro Station ||0.1 mi (0.1 km) |
|13th St. Station ||Metro Station ||0.2 mi (0.3 km) |
|Walnut Locust Station ||Metro Station ||0.3 mi (0.5 km) |
|Philadelphia 30th St Station ||Train Station ||1 mi (1.6 km) |
|Philadelphia University City Station ||Train Station ||1.4 mi (2.2 km) |
|Philadelphia Temple University Station ||Train Station ||2.1 mi (3.4 km) |