Visitors can enjoy all that Platteville has to offer including the university setting, restaurants, and football games. In Platteville, there are 5 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Dubuque, IA (DBQ-Dubuque Regional), 25.5 mi (41 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Platteville
The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Wisconsin-Platteville is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mining Museum and Rollo Jamison Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Platteville. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites-Platteville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Platteville, WI - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking.
- Mound View Inn - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Platteville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 8°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 10°F as the nighttime average
- About 37.83 inches of rain falls on Platteville each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 12°F