Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Pontyclun, which is also known for its spas and golf courses. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Castell Coch, Museum of Welsh Life, and Llandaff Cathedral.
- You'll find 285 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 9.7 mi (15.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Swansea (SWS), 29.8 mi (47.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pontyclun
A favorite place to visit in the city is The Royal Mint Experience. Additionally, in the area you'll find Castell Coch and Museum of Welsh Life.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Pontyclun. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Llanerch Vineyard - This 5-star guesthouse features a winery, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Lanelay Hall - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 5-star bed & breakfast in Talbot Green features free breakfast, free parking, and a bar.
- Vale Resort - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit around the area include Llandaff Cathedral, 7.7 mi/12.4 km from the heart of the city, and Cardiff Castle, which is 9.5 mi/15.3 km away.
Getting Around Pontyclun
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Pontyclun Station or Llanharan Station. Pontyclun might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Pontyclun
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 37.68 inches of rain falls on Pontyclun each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 36°F