Visiting Rising Sun
Visitors to Rising Sun are sure to enjoy the casinos, restaurants, and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and entertainment choices.
- You'll find 5 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lawrenceburg
- The closest major airport is in Cincinnati, OH (CVG-Cincinnati - Northern Kentucky Intl.), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cincinnati, OH (LUK-Cincinnati Municipal - Lunken Field), 25.2 mi (40.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rising Sun
Places to visit in the larger region include Big Bone Lick State Park, Florence Speedway, and Meadowood Golf Course. Additionally, you'll find Shoppes At Burlington Shopping Center and Creation Museum in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Empire House Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a free casino shuttle, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and location.
Dressing for Rising Sun
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Rising Sun gets about 42.56 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 25°F