Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Roatan, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting.
- There are 428 hotels and other accommodations in Roatan
- The closest major airport is in Roatan (RTB-Juan Manuel Galvez Intl.), 0.7 mi (1.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Utila (UII), 26.9 mi (43.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Roatan
Attractions like Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum, Roatan Institute for Marine Sciences, and Carambola Botanical Gardens are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Mahogany Beach, Sandy Bay Beach, and Half Moon Bay Beach. Diving is a top activity, and Gumbalimba Park is one place to visit.
In Roatan, you'll find 428 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Marble Hill Farms - This 3-star hotel features a private beach, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Puerta Azul - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Beach House Boutique Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and concierge services. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Roatan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Roatan is 1.77 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and June with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of 67°F