Visiting Rock Hill
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rock Hill, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theme park, baseball games, and university setting. Top sights around the area include Carowinds Theme Park, SouthPark Mall, and Billy Graham Library.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodations in Rock Hill
- The closest major airport is in Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.), 21 mi (33.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional), 36.4 mi (58.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rock Hill
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of York County, Main Street Children's Museum, and Comporium Telephone Museum. Notable city landmarks like The White Home and Buford Battle Ground Monument might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Cherry Park, Glencairn Gardens, and Ebenezer Park.
In Rock Hill, you'll be able to select from 63 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Rock Hill - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Fort Mill, SC - Our customers like the bar and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Mill - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Carowinds Theme Park, located 13.1 mi (21 km) from the heart of the city, and SouthPark Mall, which is 19.2 mi/30.9 km away.
Dressing for Rock Hill
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Average annual rainfall for Rock Hill is 43.66 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 31°F