History buffs will enjoy exploring Rome, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting.
- You'll find 127 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cartersville
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 49.8 mi (80.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rome
Cultural venues in the city include Rome Area History Museum, Chieftains Museum, and Oak Hill & The Martha Berry Museum. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Rome-Floyd ECO Center and Berry College. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ridge Ferry Park and State Mutual Stadium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Rome. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rome - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable beds.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Rome - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Claremont House Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its comfortable beds.
Dressing for Rome
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Rome is 54.02 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F