History buffs will enjoy exploring Seguin, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its riverfront, shopping, and baseball games. Top sights around the area include Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark and Resort and San Marcos Premium Outlets.
- You'll find 842 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Braunfels
- The closest major airport is in San Antonio, TX (SAT-San Antonio Intl.), 30.7 mi (49.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Seguin
Cultural venues in the city include The Heritage Museum, Palace Theater, and Los Nogales Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Texas Theatre and Sebastopol House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as Central Park and Max Starcke Park.
In Seguin, you'll find 61 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Olivia Mansion - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seguin - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites Seguin - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark and Resort, 13.6 mi/22 km from the heart of the city, and San Marcos Premium Outlets, which is 17.8 mi (28.7 km) away.
Dressing for Seguin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 76°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 95°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- About 33.98 inches of rain falls on Seguin each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F