Families enjoy visiting Champion though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas, parks, and riverfront.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Champion
- The closest major airport is in Latrobe, PA (LBE-Arnold Palmer Regional), 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Johnstown, PA (JST-John Murtha Johnstown - Cambria County), 32.5 mi (52.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Champion
A favorite place to visit in the city is Seven Springs Mountain Resort. You'll also find Living Treasures Animal Park and Kooser State Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Champion, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 65 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are other cities where you might find a place to stay:
- In Jones Mills, you'll find 4 hotels and other lodging options to choose from and Living Treasures Animal Park is one sight to visit
- In Hidden Valley, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from
Dressing for Champion
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 20°F at night
- Champion gets about 49.21 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 21°F