Families will find kid-friendly activities in Greensburg, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting and entertainment choices. The Palace Theatre, Sri Venkateswara Temple, and Kennywood are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 61 hotels and other accommodations in Greensburg
- The closest major airport is in Latrobe, PA (LBE-Arnold Palmer Regional), 7.6 mi (12.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Indiana, PA (IDI-Indiana County - Jimmy Stewart), 32.6 mi (52.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Greensburg
Cultural venues in the city include The Palace Theatre, Lincoln Highway Experience, and Westmoreland Museum of American Art. Families come for attractions such as Idlewild and SoakZone, Living Treasures Animal Park, and Caddie Shak. The city is notable for landmarks like Fort Ligonier, Saint Emma Monastery, and Historic Hanna's Town.
In Greensburg, you'll be able to select from 61 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites North Huntingdon-Irwin, PA - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Campbell House B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Seven Springs Mountain Resort, located 23.3 mi (37.5 km) from the city center, and PPG Paints Arena, which is 25.3 mi/40.7 km away.
Getting Around Greensburg
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Greensburg Station or Latrobe Station. Greensburg may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Greensburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- About 49.21 inches of rain falls on Greensburg each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 21°F