Visiting South Burlington
Travelers to South Burlington give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its breweries, lakeside setting, and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Church Street Marketplace and Waterfront Park.
- You'll find 96 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Burlington
- The closest major airport is in Burlington, VT (BTV-Burlington Intl.), 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Plattsburgh, NY (PBG-Plattsburgh Intl.), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Burlington
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and University Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Overlook Park and Red Rocks Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in South Burlington. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Green Mountain Suites Hotel - Our customers like the quiet location and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Smart Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its WiFi and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Church Street Marketplace, 3 mi/4.8 km from the city center, and Waterfront Park, which is 3.3 mi (5.3 km) away.
Dressing for South Burlington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 13°F
- South Burlington gets about 36.81 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 12°F