Families will find kid-friendly activities in Suffolk, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its riverfront and shopping. Top sights in the area include Lynnhaven House, Norfolk Botanical Garden, and Moses Myers House.
- You'll find 863 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Norfolk - Virginia Beach
- The closest major airport is in Norfolk, VA (ORF-Norfolk Intl.), 27.5 mi (44.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newport News, VA (PHF-Newport News - Williamsburg Intl.), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Suffolk
The city's cultural venues include Suffolk Seaboard Station Railroad Museum and Riddick's Folly House Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Planters Peanut Center and Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Suffolk. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Suffolk - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake Suffolk - Our customers like the WiFi and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Suffolk Chesapeake - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall condition and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Children's Museum of Virginia, located 20.9 mi (33.6 km) from the city center, and Nauticus National Maritime Center, which is 21.5 mi (34.6 km) away.
Dressing for Suffolk
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 31°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- Average annual rainfall for Suffolk is 49.49 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 32°F