Visiting Sugarloaf Key
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Sugarloaf Key, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the bars. Around the area, top sights include Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, Audubon House and Tropical Gardens, and Key West Art and Historical Society.
- There are 488 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Key West, FL (EYW-Key West Intl.), 14.5 mi (23.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Marathon, FL (MTH-Florida Keys Marathon), 31.6 mi (50.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sugarloaf Key
Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, Audubon House and Tropical Gardens, and Key West Art and Historical Society are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Smathers Beach and Bahia Honda State Park and Beach.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Sugar Loaf Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and room size.
Top places to see around the area include Mallory Square, located 17.4 mi (28 km) from the city center, and Southernmost Point, which is 17.6 mi (28.2 km) away.
Dressing for Sugarloaf Key
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 64°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- About 39.76 inches of rain falls on Sugarloaf Key each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 65°F