Visitors can enjoy all that Vinalhaven has to offer including the mountain views and waterfront. There are 221 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Rockland, ME (RKD-Knox County Regional), 12.7 mi (20.5 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Bar Harbor, ME (BHB-Hancock County - Bar Harbor), 34.6 mi (55.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Vinalhaven
A favorite place to visit in the city is Vinalhaven Historical Society. You'll also find Stonington Opera House and Owls Head Lighthouse in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Vinalhaven, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 221 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- The old Bridgeside Inn - Perfect for Large Family or Friends to Gather is located 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the heart of Vinalhaven. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Northport can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its quiet location and WiFi.
- Point Lookout is 17.1 mi (27.5 km) from the center of Vinalhaven. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Rockland can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Rockland Harbor Hotel is 13.5 mi (21.8 km) from central Vinalhaven. This 2.5-star motel in Rockport features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Vinalhaven
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 13°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Vinalhaven gets about 1.65 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F