Visitors to Vlychada are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and seafood restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Red Beach, Nea Kameni Volcano, and Museum of Prehistoric Thira.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Vlychada
- The closest major airport is in Thira (JTR-Santorini National), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Vlychada
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Vlychada Beach. In the area, you'll also find Red Beach and Nea Kameni Volcano.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Villa Michalis - This 3-star hotel features a marina, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and quiet location.
Popular places to visit in the area include Museum of Prehistoric Thira, located 5.4 mi (8.8 km) from the city center, and Archaeological Museum, which is 5.7 mi/9.2 km away.
Dressing for Vlychada
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 51°F
- About 0.83 inches of rain falls on Vlychada each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 50°F