Travelers to Warminster give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Around the area, top sights include Stonehenge, Roman Baths, and Bath Abbey.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Warminster
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 28.3 mi (45.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 30 mi (48.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Warminster
Notable city landmarks like Longleat and Stourhead might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Center Parcs Longleat Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Longleat Safari and Adventure Park and Stourhead Garden.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Warminster. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Home Farm - Amenities at this 4-star hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- The Dove Inn - Our customers like the comfortable beds and location at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Walnut Tree Inn - Amenities at this 3.5-star inn include a restaurant and free parking. Expedia customers like its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Stonehenge, 14.3 mi/23 km from the city center, and Roman Baths, which is 17.5 mi (28.2 km) away.
Getting Around Warminster
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Warminster Station. Warminster may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Warminster
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Warminster each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F