Visiting Altamonte Springs
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Altamonte Springs, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its university setting, entertainment choices, and lakeside setting. Around the area, top sights include Universal Studios Florida™, Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens, and Universal’s Islands of Adventure™.
- You'll find 8864 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Orlando
- The closest major airport is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 16.9 mi (27.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Altamonte Springs
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Altamonte Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Congo River Golf - Altamonte Springs and Cranes Roost Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Altamonte Springs. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Altamonte Springs - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Orlando Altamonte Springs - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Universal Studios Florida™, 14.4 mi/23.1 km from the city center, and Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens, which is 12.2 mi (19.6 km) away.
Dressing for Altamonte Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 49°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Altamonte Springs is 53.19 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 52°F