Visiting Hemel Hempstead
Travelers to Hemel Hempstead give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its golf courses and local tours. Top sights around the area include Wembley Stadium, Windsor Castle, and SSE Arena, Wembley.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Hemel Hempstead
- The closest major airport is in London (LTN-Luton), 9.7 mi (15.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hemel Hempstead
Top activities include golfing and taking local tours, while The Snow Centre is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Wembley Stadium and Windsor Castle.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Hemel Hempstead. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Boxmoor Lodge - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
- Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct. 8 - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with an in-room sofa bed. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Top places to see in the area include SSE Arena, Wembley, 16.2 mi/26 km from the heart of the city, and Frogmore House, which is 19.9 mi (32 km) away.
Getting Around Hemel Hempstead
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Hemel Hempstead Station or Apsley Station. Hemel Hempstead might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Hemel Hempstead
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.91 inches of rain falls on Hemel Hempstead each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F