History buffs will enjoy exploring Slough, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and cafés. Top sights around the area include Windsor Castle, Legoland, and The Lightbox.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in Slough
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 6.8 mi (11 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 27.1 mi (43.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Slough
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like St. Mary's Church, St. Paul's Church, and St. Laurence Church. Additionally, in the area you'll find Windsor Castle and Legoland.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Slough. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ostrich Inn - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and quiet location.
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5 - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Heathrow / Windsor Marriott Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 3 restaurants, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Popular places to visit in the area include The Lightbox, 13.1 mi/21.1 km from the city center, and Wembley Stadium, which is 13.9 mi (22.3 km) away.
Getting Around Slough
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Slough Station, Slough Datchet Station, or Slough Langley Station. Slough might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Slough
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 23.11 inches of rain falls on Slough each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 36°F