Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Atami are sure to enjoy the hot springs and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums, and spas. Izu Glass and Glasswork Museum, Izu Oceanic Park, and Atagawa Tropical and Alligator Garden are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 76 hotels and other accommodations in Atami
- The closest major airport is in Oshima (OIM), 27.4 mi (44.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 50.7 mi (81.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Atami
Cultural venues in the city include Kiunkaku Former Ryokan, MOA Museum of Art, and Atami Trick Art Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Omiya’s Pinetree / Statue of Kanichi and Omiya, Yuzen Shrine, and Kinomiya Shrine. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Atami Sun Beach and Atami Plum Garden.
In Atami, you'll find 76 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Wa-tei Kazekomichi - With a stay at this 4-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to free valet parking and a spa tub, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Guest house MARUYA - Our customers like the beach locale and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a café and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Shin Kado Ya - This 3.5-star ryokan features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Top places to visit in the area include Izu Glass and Glasswork Museum, 13.6 mi/21.9 km from the city center, and Izu Oceanic Park, which is 15.1 mi (24.3 km) away.
Getting Around Atami
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Atami Station. Atami might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Atami
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- Atami gets about 45.47 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F