Find Hotels in Athens
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $19
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Athens
Athens City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(2,178 area reviews)
Modern society owes much to this city’s incredible past. Antiquity is everywhere, while cultural life is colorful and days and nights are seamless.
4.5/5Wonderful!(637 area reviews)
Enjoy this historical Athens hub that offers extensive shopping and dining, intermingled with ancient attractions such as the library of Adrianos.
4.5/5Wonderful!(473 area reviews)
Visitors to Monastiraki love its fantastic nightlife, and you can check out Ermou Street and Monastiraki Flea Market. If you want to see more in the area, you can get around town on the metro at Monastiraki Station.
4.5/5Wonderful!(213 area reviews)
Consider exploring the abundant dining options in Kolonaki. If sightseeing is on the list, Mount Lycabettus is a top attraction. Hop on the metro at Megaro Moussikis Station or Evangelismos Station to see more of the area.
4/5Very Good!(20 area reviews)
Visitors to Koukaki love its fascinating museums, and you can check out Acropolis Museum and Emotions Museum of Childhood. If you want to see more in the area, you can get around town on the metro at Akropoli Station.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Athens, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, abundant cafés, and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its monuments, shopping, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Monastiraki Flea Market, Roman Agora, and Ancient Agora of Athens.
- There are 3649 hotels and other accommodations in Athens
- The closest major airport is in Athens (ATH-Eleftherios Venizelos), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Athens
Known for its museums, art, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Acropolis Museum, and Benaki Museum. Attractions like Attica Zoological Park, Allou Fun Park, and Athens Planetarium are fun for kids of all ages. Notable for its historic sites, monuments, and temples, the city's landmarks include Roman Agora, Ancient Agora of Athens, and Acropolis.
In Athens, there are 3649 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Oniro City - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Athens City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit and comfortable beds.
- Pame House - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse in Athens City Centre features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a rooftop terrace.
- Noble Suites - This 3.5-star guesthouse in Athens City Centre features free breakfast, free WiFi, and concierge services. Expedia customers like its dining options and proximity to public transit.
Other favorite sights in Athens include Monastiraki Flea Market, Parthenon, and Syntagma Square.
Getting Around Athens
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Athens is a breeze. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Monastiraki Station, Thissio Station, and Panepistimio Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Athens Thiseio Station, Athens Central Station, or Moschato-Tavros Rouf Station.
Dressing for Athens
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- Average annual rainfall for Athens is 15.37 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 43°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Athens?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Athens, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Athens?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Athens?
What's the best place to stay in Plaka?
What's a favorite place to stay in Kolonaki?
What's the best accommodation for families in Athens?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Athens?
What's the best accommodation for an all-inclusive stay in Athens?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Athens?
What's the best hotel to stay close to Acropolis?
Recent reviews of Athens hotels
More trip options
- Athens Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Athens Airports
- Hotels in Athens Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Athens Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Athens
- More Hotel Options in Athens
- More Popular Hotels in Attica
- Other Hotels near Athens, Attica
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends