Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bismarck, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices, zoo, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Bismarck Civic Center and Kirkwood Mall.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Bismarck
- The closest major airport is in Bismarck, ND (BIS-Bismarck Municipal), 2.6 mi (4.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bismarck
The city is well known for its theaters and cultural venues like North Dakota Heritage Center & State Museum and Belle Mehus Auditorium. Families come for attractions such as Dakota Zoo, Raging Rivers Waterpark, and McDowell Dam Nature Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Camp Hancock, Former Governor's Mansion, and Buckstop Junction.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Bismarck. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sleep Inn & Suites Bismarck I-94 - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Residence Inn Bismarck North - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Mandan - Bismarck - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free parking, and a spa tub. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Other top sights in Bismarck include Bismarck Civic Center and Kirkwood Mall.
Dressing for Bismarck
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 2°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 2°F at night
- Bismarck gets about 17.85 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 5°F