Visiting Buck Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Buck Island has to offer including the beaches, restaurants, and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and parks. Around the area, top sights include Battery, Fort Christian, and Emancipation Garden.
- There are 388 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in St. Thomas (SPB-St. Thomas Seaplane Base), 5.1 mi (8.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Thomas (STT-Cyril E. King), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Buck Island
A favorite place to visit in the city is Buck Island Turtle Cove. In the area, you'll also find Battery and Fort Christian.
As you make plans for a getaway to Buck Island, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 363 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- St. Thomas Great Bay Resort is located within 4.4 mi (7.1 km) of the city center. This 5-star resort in St. Thomas features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Bolongo Bay Beach Resort is 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star resort in St. Thomas features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Two Sandals by the Sea Inn - B&B is located 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast in St. Thomas can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Popular places to visit in the area include Emancipation Garden, 5 mi/8.1 km from the heart of the city, and Blackbeard's Castle, which is 5.1 mi (8.3 km) away.
Dressing for Buck Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 90°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- About 39.33 inches of rain falls on Buck Island each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F