Visitors to Carbondale are sure to enjoy the restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views, shopping, and ski areas.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Carbondale
- The closest major airport is in Wilkes-Barre, PA (AVP-Scranton Intl.), 20.8 mi (33.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Carbondale
A couple of favorite places to visit are Homestead Golf Course and Carbondale Historical Society and Museum. You'll also find Merli-Sarnoski Park and Elk Mountain Ski Area in the area.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Anthracite - This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
Dressing for Carbondale
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- About 38.27 inches of rain falls on Carbondale each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F