Visiting Carter Lake
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Carter Lake, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its zoo, shopping, and sporting events.
- You'll find 38 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Council Bluffs
- The closest major airport is in Omaha, NE (OMA-Eppley Field), 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Omaha, NE (MIQ-Millard), 11.9 mi (19.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carter Lake
Places to visit in the larger region include Freedom Park Navy Museum, Hot Shops Art Center, and TD Ameritrade Park Omaha. You'll also find Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge and Sacred Heart Parish Church in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Carter Lake. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha Airport - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable beds.
- Hampton Inn Omaha Airport - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location.
Dressing for Carter Lake
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- Carter Lake gets about 30.63 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F